There is a prize. You judge whether it’s a great one

Monsieur Salut explains why there may or may not be a Fleetwood Town ‘Who are You?’. At least Guess the Score continues unaffected … (stop press – we now have a willing volunteer – see comment.)

Looking at the sheer number of fixtures in League One, I did wonder whether we’d be able to maintain “Who are You?” on a regular basis this season.

So far, so good. But Fleetwood Town – their stadium may be called Highbury but it houses only 5,327 fans – has proved a tough nut to crack.

Approaches were made. A promising breakthrough was made when a link to what appeared at first glance a Fleetwood fans’ forum turned out to be another fishy footballing outpost – Grimsby Town. No wonder the e-mail exchange had a Grimsby volunteer scratching his head.

We’ve put our feelers to a local football reporter, the club chairman and others, all in vain as I write on the eve of a week’s holiday. One of the editorial team will do the honours in my absence should someone pop up belatedly and answer our questions. Failing that, the questions will appear anyway and we’ll invite any curious Cod Army fans who turn up here to answer some or all for themselves.

But Guess the Score continues. Have a go, please exercise restraint in any reference to one Joey Barton and look forward to winning the prize mug if you are first with the corrects scoreline and have a UK delivery address. Those thin-on-the-ground Fleetwood fans may take part, too.

Tags: ,

19 Responses to “The SAFC vs Fleetwood Town prize Guess the Score: can we spoil Joey’s day?” Subscribe

1. CSB September 5, 2018 at 9:26 am #

Sunderland 4 – 1 Fleetwood, back to winning ways but I suspect another hard fought game.

2. Terry September 5, 2018 at 9:30 am #

Reflective of their manager I expect a niggly, bad tempered, 3-1 home win.

3. Paul September 5, 2018 at 9:32 am #

2-0 to Sunderland.

4. malcolm September 5, 2018 at 9:41 am #

A young member of the Cod Army has come up trumps. Stand by for his WAY in a day or two.

5. John Mac September 5, 2018 at 10:03 am #

2-0 has gone, we can’t keep a clean sheet, we’ve lost our midfield dynamo.

Sounds like a certain 3-1 to me but that’s gone too

6. Phil D September 5, 2018 at 10:06 am #

Fleetwood are near the top and we are playing badly, at times.

1-1 but hoping for a win.

• Phil D September 9, 2018 at 6:58 pm #

Looks like a winner.

• salutsunderland September 10, 2018 at 2:19 pm #

How often do you intend to win this prize?

• Phil D September 11, 2018 at 3:19 pm #

Often, but, hopefully, after predicting a Sunderland win.Thanks.

7. William C September 5, 2018 at 10:32 am #

I think Fleetwood will be tough to beat. 1-0 to SAFC

8. Mike September 5, 2018 at 7:47 pm #

Will go for The Lads to win 3-2,would be good to get a home win.

9. wrinkly pete September 5, 2018 at 8:10 pm #

This looks nailed on for my favourite score so it’s 4-3 to The Lads.

10. Edward September 5, 2018 at 10:29 pm #

Due to all the more sensible scorelines being taken, I’ll go for 4-0. If their home ground holds a smidgin over 5,000, I wonder how many supporters they’ll bring with them.?

11. Geoff Bethell September 6, 2018 at 8:38 am #

SAFC 0-1 Fleetwood. This game has kick up the proverbials written all over it. Hope this is not too pessimistic.

12. malcolm September 6, 2018 at 10:37 am #

There’s a little niggle telling me we might slip up in this one.
    6 – 0. Wyke, Sinclair, Baldwin, O’Nien, Maguire (2)

I’d have gone for McGeouch but I’m having trouble remembering how to spell it.

• Eric012 September 7, 2018 at 4:59 pm #

You just have.

13. Malcolm Ray September 6, 2018 at 4:16 pm #

4-2 home win but any win will do

14. Eric012 September 7, 2018 at 4:58 pm #

Can we have a half time GTS? Cod Army battered, chipped with a serving of mushy peas on the side. 3 – 0 after 45 mins, 5 – 0 after 90. Fleetwood will never beat Sunderland –
    at the SOL, at Highbury or even on Thompson’s park. Ideal fixture to get back to winning ways. Joey Barton? – bah humbug.

15. Mel Bond September 7, 2018 at 11:39 pm #

The eternal optimist says we are struggling to keep a clean sheet at the minute but who the f is Joey Barton trying to kid with the support of the mags it’s a deffo 5-1 to the lads