Jake: ‘Monsieur Salut must be in a bad mood again – no prize this time’

For this midweek visit to Doncaster Rovers, Salut! Sunderland reverts to a “just for fun” format for the Guess the Score.

The coffers are empty and there’s a backlog of prizes to be ordered for previous winners.

Normal service – ie prize mugs – will be restored once M Salut feels less skint and has honoured outstanding obligations.

Have a go anyway. It’s a clash of two teams up there with the League One frontrunners.

I love the way our Donny Who are You? interviewee, Darren Burke (yet another good read in the series and due to be published tonight) describes the passion of our supporters, with the 4,000 away allocation sold out:

As long as Sunderland accept their current placing with good grace (Leeds never did when they were in League One!) they have got more chance of a quick return. The fans have that whole North East fervour going on – it isn’t very often we see the away end at the Keepmoat full and 4,000 tickets sold out for a midweek match weeks in advance says it all. I’m looking forward to the return at the SoL – will be my first visit.

To visit Salut! Sunderland’s home page, just click on Jake’s adaptation of Matt’s cartoon

19 Responses to “Doncaster Rovers vs SAFC Guess the Score” Subscribe

1. Eric012 October 21, 2018 at 5:47 pm #

It’s fower nowt all day (and all evening).

2. Neil October 21, 2018 at 5:53 pm #

..A hard fought draw. Can’t have 2 clean sheets in a row…where’s the fun in that?

3. David October 21, 2018 at 6:08 pm #

Another away win, another 0-2.

4. John Mac October 21, 2018 at 6:09 pm #

Having finally won (I did didn’t I?) after years of predicting a 2-0 win I don’t know what to do. Do I stick or go for something else?

I think stick now we’re on a roll, so
    0-2, Gooch and Honeyman, one per half, in that order, with both sides hitting the woodwork.
    At least James won’t complain if I’m wrong.

• John mac October 21, 2018 at 6:11 pm #

But as that’s gone It’ll have to be 0-3.

• Eric012 October 21, 2018 at 6:22 pm #

I’m guessing that your grandson will be the recipient of a mug eventually. Therefore I will have to find someone else to donate my extensive winnings to.

• John Mac October 21, 2018 at 8:05 pm #

I do believe so, and I was there.

The extra tension when you’re in with a chance of a mug has to be experienced to be believed. Not only is there “will we hold out? ” at 0-1 but then also “will we score another?”, followed by “can we hold on again?” after we do.

And all this in the last 10 minutes, when hordes of Shrewsbury fans were walking past me for the exit and blocking my view.

But thank you for your efforts on James’ behalf. You will be rewarded in heaven

5. CSB October 21, 2018 at 6:57 pm #

Doncaster 1 – 4 Sunderland, but I am actually expecting quite a tight game with Doncaster having lots to gain with a win.

If nothing else this season has been quite entertaining so far, long way to go and consistency is king.

6. Terry October 21, 2018 at 7:24 pm #

We have a phantom ‘thumbs-downer’. Come out and tell us why. I’m going for a 1-2 away win to tighten things up at the top.

7. malcolm October 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm #

6 0 to us. All the goals in the second half so I can watch them via SAFCsee on my tablet. Tied up until 10.30 local time so I make that 8.30 in the UK.

Ha’way the lads in their all black kit.

8. Phil D October 21, 2018 at 8:56 pm #

Many decent guesses have already gone so 1-1.

9. Paul October 21, 2018 at 9:24 pm #

1-3, another Sunderland win.

10. Phil Parker October 21, 2018 at 10:30 pm #

High scoring game expected… 2:3 with Cattermole getting one of them…

11. Mike October 21, 2018 at 10:33 pm #

The Lads to win 3-2, would be a good result.

12. Edward October 21, 2018 at 11:28 pm #

Seeing that most of the sensible scores have gone,
    I’ll go for 5-2.
    A clean sheet was good, but I’m not expecting another one.

It will be just my luck to win when there’s no mug. 🙁

13. Mel Bond October 22, 2018 at 1:03 am #

The eternal optimist would love another clean sheet but thinks this will be difficult for the lads however a 2-4 would be a good result

14. Bill October 22, 2018 at 12:11 pm #

15. Malcolm Ray October 22, 2018 at 11:11 pm #

All the decent guesses have already gone so 1-5 But any win will do

16. wrinkly pete October 23, 2018 at 11:46 am #

Phew! Just in time for my 4-3 win to The Lads and I will be there in the flesh suffering like John Mac.