Jake

Another home game and another chance to put pressure on Luton and Barnsley, says Monsieur Salut. Two Sunderland wins in a row have eased the fears that naturally arose after we squandered four points against Blackpool and Gillingham.

I am back from a holiday in the UAE. My flight from Abu Dhabi promised internet but did not deliver. I couldn’t even find out how much it would cost for access long enough to hear Barnes and Benno from Bristol Rovers. I could watch Newcastle-Huddersfield live which might have been fun had the appalling away side put up a better fight and I don’t mean more of the stuff that saw them reduced to 10 men in the first half.

So back to business with another prize Guess the Score.

There are outstanding prizes to order. The excellent people at Art of Football have agreed to put up something interesting if someone wins the two in a row competition I announced before the trip to Bristol.

Jermain Defoe’s superstrike vs the Mags. One of Art of Football’s great SAFC items – click the photo for more

Details have still to be finalised. Only Paul Devine, exiled in the Netherlands, correctly guessed 2-0 to us in the West Country. If his follow-up prediction for Saturday is also spot-on, he will collect the Art of Football prize. If not, he’ll be sent yet another mug and the rollover will be extended to the game at Wycombe a week later.

Argyle fans and neutrals are warmly invited to enter.

Ha’way the Lads and Lads remember: I’ll be there to see how you do.

15 Responses to “Sunderland vs Plymouth Argyle prize Guess the Score. Send them back to Devon pointless” Subscribe

1. Wrinkly Pete February 26, 2019 at 6:00 pm #

First up! No chance for anyone to beat me to it… I can’t be there to see my nailed on 4-3 win for the lads but I will follow it from somewhere less exotic than M. Salut – in fact Minehead!!!! ?

2. John Mac February 26, 2019 at 6:39 pm #

3-2.
    It’s a nailed on cert
    Onien, Grigg. First half.
    Power with a curler from outside the box, 78 minutes.
    2ogs (Catts) One in each half.

2 red cards.

3. Eric012 February 26, 2019 at 6:40 pm #

Four nowt.

4. Phil D February 26, 2019 at 8:07 pm #

3-1. More goals but no clean sheet.

5. Fullwell Ender February 27, 2019 at 7:05 am #

2 – 0
    Barry and Pinta closing shop and running mids.
    Grigg & O’Nien scoring. Simples.
    Me, I’m off to Cleeforps on olliday.

• malcolm March 2, 2019 at 9:25 pm #

Looks like we have a winner – the fact you got the wrong names on the score sheet won’t be held against you F.E.

6. Neil February 27, 2019 at 7:35 am #

4-1…we need to boost our goal difference…12 pts from the last 6 games…we need to keep that up and if anything increase our points per game until the end if the season

7. CSB February 27, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Sunderland 5 – 0 Plymouth, goal fest returns to Wearside.

8. Paul February 27, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

Plymouth are in good form but Sunderland to win, 2-1.

9. Mike February 27, 2019 at 11:58 pm #

The Lads to win 4-2 and three in a row.

10. Malcolm Ray February 28, 2019 at 9:38 am #

3 goals but more important is the clean sheet and the 3 points 3-0 Sunderland win but any win will do

11. malcolm February 28, 2019 at 10:12 am #

If Southend can beat Barnsley we go second with any home win.

If they can hold them to a nil nil we go second with a 4-0 win.
    If Barnsley score but only get a draw then we need four goals more whilst keeping a clean sheet, to overtake them. So my double header prediction.

Southend 1 Kieffer Mooreless Barnsley 1

Sunderland 6 Plymouth 1

Now it’s time for my medicine.

12. Bill February 28, 2019 at 11:25 am #

13. David Miller February 28, 2019 at 12:56 pm #

I think 3-0.

14. Mel Bond March 1, 2019 at 6:40 pm #

The eternal optimist says someone’s taken my usual so I will be very optimistic we need the goal difference so 6-0 to the lads there may be a surplus of tickets for the checkatrade trophy final as according to the local radio down here a lot of their fans are boycotting the competition so come on you reds let’s do it