Salut! Sunderland has no teams of photographers to ensure a ready supply of eye-catching images to accompany each posting.
Some of the pictures we use have been taken by M Salut or Pete Sixsmith – you can usually tell which since they show why neither of us has ever done it for a living – but others come from a variety of sources, from the Creative Commons files at Flickr to Amazon listings and material people or bodies have kindly given us permission to use.
This page will list those who have been particularly helpful in this respect. If you feel your contributions have been overlooked, you are probably right so just use the contact form at the top of the home page to make sure something is done about it.
But with the promise that more names will be added, here are some of the people to whom this site is enormously grateful:
Jake: a Sunderland supporter exiled in Spain, where Mrs Jake has lately presented him with a gorgeous daughter, Xuana, has revolutionised these pages with the imagination and wit he applies, with a little help from Photoshop, to material from various sources. Newspapers fight tooth and nail to stop brilliant cartoonists being poached; we feel that way about Jake. Trouble is, at the last count, his share of the earnings from sales of mugs bearing his design had not quite reached £3.
* Mrs Logic: her photos from Wearside and the North East generally are a constant source of inspiration and regularly grace Salut! Sunderland. To see more, start at this Flickr link.
* A Love Supreme. OK I’ve written for them for free, as has Pete Sixsmith, but ALS has been unfailingly generous with permissions from very soon after this site began. So thanks to Martyn McFadden and his team.
* The Roker End: every so often, you’ll see an old photograph of someone who once played for SAFC. These are often drawn, with general consent kindly given some time ago, from the pages of therokerend.com, which is the home of the SAFC Former Players’ Association but constantly shows it is also a lot more than that.
* Addick-tedKevin is the Flickr name of the Charlton fan who produced all those graphic images of Sunderland players we used last season and continue to reproduce now. He also came up with designs for the mugs and doubtless has more up his sleeve. Find him here.
* The excellent caricature of Martin O’Neill, now adapted by Jake to show him as our manager, not Villa’s, was the work of Kartun Malaysia. Check out his images here.
And the following, all found at Flickr. Click the names to see more of their photos: